A Word From Our Sponsors

2.25.2006

Gettin Started

O.K. So here we go. I'm Alex. I like the Yankees. Yes, Alex Rodriguez is the best player in the league and David Ortiz deserved nothing. Derek Jeter is a demigod and Robinson Cano is the future of our franchise. George Steinbrenner is the best owner in baseball and honestly, it's none of my concern how much money he's paying his players. Jason Giambi's OBP is off the charts. Our starting rotation is ready to be as dominant as ever and I DESPISE ROGER CLEMENS.
Yes, I hate the Red Sox, and Aaron "basketball clause" Boone's HR is up there in the top 10 moments of my life. The Yankees should win, we're in a city that expects to win, and we've got the players that will win, and I don't wanna hear no goddamn Royal fan telling me it's all about the market, because it is. Our fans love the game more, so we should win more. Oh, right, I forgot, the Mets suck.
Hate me yet?
On a lesser note, I'm also a Giants fan. Eli will be better than Peyton (who is a choke artist), and Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shockey are totally BADASS. Tiki Barber is the best running back in the league and was MVP worthy. I don't hate the Jets, but Herman Edwards and Terry Bradway ran just about everything into the ground. Mangini and Tannenbaum (am I spelling that right?) are where it's at.

However, the primary focus of this here blog is baseball.
My good friend Jack, who happens to be a diehard Mets fan is gonna post his introductory blog after the re-run of SNL that's on right now. So to give you a little sneak preview. If you love the Bronx and you hate Flushing Meadows, or vice versa I guess, tune in. If you're tired of your friend liking the other NY sports team, tune in. And most importantly, if you hate John Rocker for whatever he's done to your team of preference, join in. Jack'll be making his first post in an hour or so. As we say here,
Big ups.

No comments: